|Use the annotation toolbar to add text and markups when providing assignment feedback. Watch the video tutorial below for an overview of how to use annotation tools to provide feedback.
- Log in to Brightspace using your MyCarletonOne credentials.
- On your Brightspace homepage, locate your course in one of the following ways:
- Click on your course under My Courses.
- Click the Course selector grid , then search for your course name or select your course from the drop-down menu.
- Click Tools in the course navbar.
- In the drop-down menu, select Assignments.
- Locate the assignment in the Assignments table and click the arrow to expand the assignment actions menu.
- In the drop-down menu, select View Submissions.
- Click on the name of the student you want to grade. Alternatively, you can click on the file attachment. You will be taken to the document viewer where you can view and grade the submission.
|NOTE: The following file types are compatible with the document viewer:
- MS Word (DOC, DOCX)
- MS PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX, PPS)
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF, PDFS)
- Web (HTM, HTML)
- Plain text (TXT)
- Images (BMP, GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG)
- The submission file will now appear in the document view in the left side of the page with a toolbar above the document.
- On the right side of the document viewer toolbar, click the Annotation (pen) icon to expand the annotation toolbar options.
- You will now see the annotation toolbar icons in the right-hand side of the toolbar.
||The drawing (pen) button allows you to draw free-hand on the page using your cursor. Once the Pen button is selected, a toolbar with a toolbar of line type settings options (colour, fill colour, opacity, thickness, blend mode) will appear below the button.
To draw freehand:
- Click the drawing pen button.
- Click and drag to draw on the document. .
||The note button allows you to add notes to the document. Once the Note icon is selected, a toolbar will appear where you can adjust the note settings (colour, icon). The note will appear on the document as a note icon that students can view when they hover their cursor over note.
To add a note:
- Select the note button.
- Click the page where you would like the note to be located.
- Type your note text.
||The text button allows you to add text to the document. Once the text button is selected, a toolbar of text formatting options (colour, fill colour, opacity, font) will appear below the button.
To add text:
- Select the Text button and click the page where you would like the text to be located.
- Type you text as you want it to appear on the document. Use the formatting options to customize the font style and colour.
||The Line button allows you to add a line or arrow to the document. Once the Line button is selected, a toolbar of line type settings options (colour, fill colour, opacity, thickness, style) will appear below the button.
To add a line:
- Select the line button
- Customize the line appearance using the options in the expanded toolbar.
- Click and drag your cursor to place a line on the page.
- When you are finished annotating the document, click Save as Draft. If you are ready to publish your annotations and feedback, click Publish.